I walked my dogs today. My granddog (Yeah-that’s a word-to me!) Toula slurped down some squirrel roadkill so we had to circle back home early. Gumbo (ratchet Chihuahua) had fun watching me try to stop Toula from eating the squirrel! My daughter works in a veterinary clinic so she knows what to do and watch for regarding yucky germs, etc. I still have trauma from hearing the bones crunch.
After the dog walk, I walked to VASA fitness and got in a heart-pumping weight-training session. I know trained body builders today use split programs, but I am not a fan of those. I like for my whole body to be tired and challenged.
While I was in the gym, I got the idea to start new posts called Trainer Tips. I’m a personal trainer.
Exercises in today’s workout journal include:
- Leg Press 3 sets x 6 reps
- Calf Raises 2 sets X 30 reps
- Assisted Pull-up 3 sets X 6 reps
- Triceps Dip 3 sets x 6 reps
- Chest Fly 3 sets x 6 reps
- Rear Delt 3 sets x 6 reps
- Lateral Raises 3 sets x 6 reps
- Overhead Press 3 sets x 6 reps
- Seated Hamstring Curl 3 sets x 6 reps
- Pigeon Poses
- Straddle stretch
- Shoulder, arms and back stretch
I do everything as heavy & slowly as possible and rest for only a short period of time.
I forgot abs. Oh well! Next time!