My Current Success
This morning, I weighed myself with a body composition scale and discovered that I have lost seven pounds this week. The weight loss resulted from a calorie deficit paired with exercise. Now that I have exceeded my goal, I began to think of non-food reward ideas to boost my motivation.
Currently, I am twenty-six pounds away from my goal weight. In brief, I chose my goal weight to be twenty pounds higher than my original starting weight because I had been severely underweight. In the old days, I would have considered my goal weight to be “fat.”
If you are anything like me, you have difficulty rewarding yourself for a job well done. Below are some non-food reward ideas to help you reward yourself without resorting to an ice cream or candy treat!
25 Non-Food Reward Ideas for Meeting Weight-Loss Goals
- Buy a new book and read it.
- Listen to a new audiobook.
- Buy a new water bottle.
- Try a new yoga or fitness class.
- Get a manicure and pedicure.
- Get a hair cut or cut and color.
- Dig out your supplies and give yourself an at-home spa day. (My reward for today!)
- Download FitOn (free) or purchase a new fitness app like Asana Rebel.
- Buy new clothes.
- Redecorate your room.
- Listen to your favorite playlist (or make a new one).
- Buy new headphones or sporty earbuds.
- Upgrade your footwear.
- Buy a fitness tracker.
- Start a wellness journal.
- Upgrade your scale.
- Update your bed linens ( Good sleep is vital to wellness!)
- Buy some amino acids and other supplements.
- Read a magazine that you enjoy.
- Read your favorite blogs.
- Listen to your favorite podcasts.
- Try a Metta meditation.
- Wear makeup. (Try natural and cruelty-free brands!)
- Buy some cozy socks.
- Go on a hike someplace new.
If you would like to submit a post, please see the Submissions page!